5D images from India - the best yet

Started Nov 5, 2005 | Discussions thread
ar22 Forum Member • Posts: 62
this is really sad...

not the images, because they are wonderful. but the comments that have followed such a beautiful gallery.

i have had the oppurtunity to spend 4 months in india doing tsunami relief. and looking at these images, they are not all poor people, this is just how they are. just because we grow up in a country where 'clean faces' = non poverty doesn't mean that that's how it is everywhere else. you go to a third world country and you see life at it's fullest, the hardships, the joys, the excitement, the spiritual. these kids, their toys are not what their parents bought at the electronic store but their backyard and the streets playing jacks or tag and just being a kid. unfortunatly some of us who have not visited another culture don't realize that what might look as being poor actually isn't, it's their culture. for example, sleeping on the floor, comes from it's too hot to sleep on a bed with bedding, the cool tiles keep your body cool in tempretures that reach to be 110 ferehnhiet.
and there are many more cultural differences.

i was born in india and came to the states when i was 5. i have grown up here all my life and only know the american way. i have been fortunate enough to be able to go back to india to visit every few years. and what i have learned most is that they, the people of india, are not the poor ones, we are. they have such an understanding of life and are content. they don't look at being the misfortunate, they look at what they do have. we here are never satisfied, and are constantly wanting more, and more, and more.

this is my two cents. for anyone who was disturbed by these photos, i feel very sorry for you because these images capture part of a country that you want to be ignorant to.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow