new lightbox (fz30, pics)

Started Oct 30, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
linuxworks Forum Pro • Posts: 18,937
new lightbox (fz30, pics)

hack hack hack!

(no, I don't have something stuck in my throat...)

I needed a slap-together lightbox for shooting smaller sized objects. harun prompted me (even if he didn't know it [grin]) to try an alternate version

first, some results. I've been tinkering with my latest rev. of the RF wireless shutter release for the fz20/30. here's some LB shots:

full size shots (enough to see actual electrons 'spinning') at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linux-works/sets/1097439/

ok, now the light box. pulling back a bit, virtually (with the help of my 2nd cam, the fz5):

yes, really cheap! start off with a 2' x 4' sheet of styrene (used for overhead lighting panels) and cut into 12" squares (almost sounds like some mega-brownie recipe?).

then simply tape edges together to form a box. for lights, I used clip-on screw base lamps ($5 at hardware store) and some fluorescent screw-in bulbs (less heat and more even brightness).

take a sloping sheet of paper (I had an old legal sized mailing envelope - that worked well enough) and use that for a gradual background. I think the total cost was under $20, lights, bulbs and all included. might have taken a half hour to 'build'.

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow