Sydney Pano. [1 x img]

Started Oct 28, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lance B Forum Pro • Posts: 30,363
Sydney Pano. [1 x img]

Brett St Pierre and I decided to have a week off and hopefully spend a few days together on photoshoots around Sydney. Unfortunatley, Brett had a few other committments and I went to work for a few hours everyday anyway!!

Anyway, today was the first day that we were able to get out together and we decided to go to the Harbour Bridge South Pylon which has a museum about the bridge inside and an observation deck on the top of the pylon itself. Makes a great vantage point for a vista of Sydney and some photos. Here is a pano I took with 12 vertical images taken with the FA31 Limited. This was rather difficult as the boats were on the move and I ended up having bits of boats in different parts of the image where they shouldn't have been, ie a bow of a boat and now stern etc! A judicious use of clone stamping and the evidence disappeared. The other big concern was the bridge girders as it is a mess of iron girders and I thought PTGui would not be up to the task, but this pano software is amazing and handled it with aplomb.

You can also see the bridge climbers on the top of the bridge itself. This is an organized walk and costs about AU$180(I think) or about US$135 and is quite an adventure..apparently.;-)

-- hide signature --

Lance B
GMT +10hours

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow