What's the use of the DA12-24?

Started Oct 27, 2005 | Discussions thread
Brett St Pierre
Brett St Pierre Veteran Member • Posts: 7,025
Re: What's the use of the DA12-24?

parallaxproblem wrote:

Sometimes it's fun to start banging a hornets' nest with a stick...

I normally prefer 'wide' over 'tele' but on reflection I just can't
imagine what to do with an 18mm 'equivalent' focal length (ie. the
12mm end of this lens)...

Flame me!

Consider yourself on fire! I am certainly going to consider the DA12-24 but partly because I am a Pentax snob... I tell you why;

I went out to shoot the following photos and took my DA16-45, FA20 and Zenitar pre-visualising I was going to need something wide.

Well, when I got to the location it took me about 30 seconds of staging shots to realise I could get anything as wide as I wanted. The FA20 was a waste of time for AoV and the DA16-45 just wasn't wide enough. I think the Zenitar is fun but the "Pentax snob" in me doesn't like admit that is all I had to do the job. Once corrected with PTLens the first one still wasn't wide enough IMO -- so I didn't correct one of them.

That is when I would have loved the DA12-24 -- but maybe you are right, the DA14 may have done the job...

-- hide signature --

Brett

The Journey is the Thing

Brett St Pierre's gear list:Brett St Pierre's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
J_K
J_K
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow