new d200 spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started Oct 22, 2005 | Discussions thread
Marcos G. Meider Forum Member • Posts: 85
Re: MF? Absolutely, but

Absolutely:

That's why 35 mm with its versatility became so popular. We tend to think the bigger the better (and I also do), but not quite sure if 2 Megapixels will make that big difference. No doubt there's a big jump from 6 to 12 or 6 to 10, but if the expected selling price of the D200 is the number refered in this forum and with 10.x MP, then I think its a good deal and will allow many photographers to work achieving a fair quality for almost any picture use.

Several months ago, I got in touch with a photographic library in England and sent them some samples of my work (mainly wildlife and nature along with some travel images). They liked it but when they asked me what camera I was using and told them it was a D100 their reply was: "We are sorry but....." the rest you know. The option was to get the Nikon D2X but just after knowing a future release from Nikon and the "speculated" specs of the new camera, I decided to go back to the library's web page and read the "digital submission guidelines". There was a substancial difference on their requirements which never existed before when I first read it.

"...ideally require non-interpolated TIFF files from a high end digital SLR of no less than 10 megapixels made from RAW files.."

So if its enough for them, its enough for me. On the other hand, I wonder what are those photographers who owns Canon EOS 1D Mark II going to do?. I do have a mate who works for a well known German library and he supplies them with thousands of images taken with his 1D Mark II and they are quite happy with the results. Well every company has its own political.

I think that cameras can compare to motor engines. Is not the same a 2.5 Turbodiesel engine from a Fiat that the one 2.5 Turbodiesel from a BMW.

Best regards.

Jono Slack wrote:

Hi There
of course, a Hassy Hd2 would be just great - but carrying all that
gear around when walking is a pretty big ask.

The 12mp of the D2x is enough for most purposes, but it seems a
backwards step to give us 10 with the D200, don't you think?

kind regards
--
Jono Slack
http://www.slack.co.uk

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
JC
JC
MOD TOF guy
HAE
DRG
(unknown member)
AFS
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
thw
Fer
thw
Fer
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow