new d200 spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started Oct 22, 2005 | Discussions thread
Walter S Matthews Veteran Member • Posts: 3,311
Re: How many high iso shots at a wedding?

Usually only the ceremony for me.

And of course,it should be obvious to everyone that pictures at the ceremoony are not important.

For the few I do, I can use software to soften them up and make them look plasticy.

And again, of course, that's an acceptable workaround for poor high iso performance. Clear and unambiguous and of course you are delivering the best images possible for your clients.

To all you 5D fans. Please go and pay twice as much for a consumer grade focusing body.

It would appear that you know nothing of what you write. The focus precision of the 5D is actually quite impressive. I find it as reliable and as accurate as my D2X's.

Are you suggesting that good high iso performance is not important?
I guess I'm not surprised since you also wrote that high iso performance is
"only for the ceremony."

You can slide by for a while with 6MP images but very soon you will be put out of the market with those 6MP images by those of us who are using 12/13/14/16 and probably soon 22 mp images and we will be successful at convincing the clients that it is important. Many already know it and as time goes on they will all know that you are using the same cell phone/ or was that actually a camera/that Uncle Harry is using to shoot their wedding. All too soon your competition will in fact be, none other than, Uncle Harry. I hear Harry makes great pictures and he plans to be there shooting Dollykins wedding with you.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
JC
JC
MOD TOF guy
HAE
DRG
(unknown member)
AFS
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
thw
Fer
thw
Fer
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow