new d200 spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started Oct 22, 2005 | Discussions thread
Thomas Karlmann
Thomas Karlmann Senior Member • Posts: 2,761
10MP?

I think all the talk about how this D200 fits in with the D100 and the D2x and the F100 and the D2Hs is just keyboard diarrhea. Everyone knows that the D200 had better compete favorably with the Canon 5D or it is over!

I don't mean to offend anyone here -- many of us -- myself included -- have a LOT of $$$ invested in Nikon. Have any of you DL'd any 5D images? They are gorgeous.

I was thinking that a 5D would be a nice addition to my kit to use at the backdrop and for times when I need higher rez. Obviously I want to see what Nikon anf Fuji have to offer, but if they are not up to what that Canon 5D can do, I may keep my existing Nikon and Fuji stuff but get a 5D and a portrait lens for my high rez needs.

I truly hope that Nikon can make a D200 with > 12Mp and with 9 cross sensors and the very BEST AF they can devise. Today one has other attractive options...

I know my competition will be looking at all the same hardware I am. If Nikon cannot surpass the Canon 5D, then shall I stay behind just to keep with Nikon? I think not.
--
Thom--

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
JC
JC
MOD TOF guy
HAE
DRG
(unknown member)
AFS
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
thw
Fer
thw
Fer
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow