Flash on the F10

Started Oct 14, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
digidummi New Member • Posts: 5
Flash on the F10

I am a complete novice as regards digital photography (and that - I hate to admit - goes for photography in general) so pls excuse if I am going over old ground.

Be that as it may. What is the purpose of having a flash on the F10 when the sensitivity is seemingly so that one can do without it ?

Second question. The F10 seems, despite its designation as a p&s camera, to need quite a lot of trickery done to it if it is to function properly. Does this mean that manual adjustment of speed and aperture is a actually a necessity on all p&s ' s or is it only typical for the F10? I notice that the CANONs have various modes (snow, sand, whatever) from which you can choose beforehand in contrast to the F10.

Also it is much of a surprise to read how necessary it is to have software in order to make corrections to the original photo to make it presentable.

Does this mean that analog photography (for the same price) is still ahead of the digital ditto ?

Let me finish off by saying that this is a great forum and I have learnt an enormous amount by trying to follow the various threads though I am a bit surprised at how uncivil some of the correspondance can be.
Eric

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow