Stockphotography? Is that a bad word?

Started Oct 13, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg Biggs
Greg Biggs Senior Member • Posts: 2,048
Stockphotography? Is that a bad word?

I personally started marketing some of my pictures through stock photo sites recently. I wonder how many of us here in the Canon forum do this. I gotta tell ya, it sure has taught me to scrutinize my photos a lot ,ore seriously than I ever had before. These guys can be really picky when they want to be. One big blessing however is that the number one complaint from those who decide if your pictures are worthy or not is noise in your pictures. The 20D alone is not necessarily a guarantee that you wont have any but fortunately it sure does give the best chance of it. The 20D from all I have seen seems to be the best camera around for stock photography. This is simply because it has the potential to create nice silky smooth clean images. Now if only I can learn to improve my end of the deal. For those of you who have never submitted your pictures to these sites, let me tell you, you will soon learn what JPG artifacts and grain and pixel discolorization and all those things really are. So how about a show of hands, are you a stock photo shooter? Aye
--

Thanks to you all for what you share so freely, It's my hope to be able to help others as well.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
Rap
Rap
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow