e-300 night photo's help

Started Oct 1, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pauline mcc New Member • Posts: 5
e-300 night photo's help

Hi Pauline here,

Recently purchased the e-300 due to the review here at DP, and just love the camera, i get instant and great results and for an amateur like myself that's a must.

Last night, high above Glasgow after climbing a fence and falling flat on my face into a cow pat [ it happened ], i got the tripod and camera set up to take pictures of the glasgow city lights at night, and nothing, the camera would not take a picture, i had it on manual, set the shutter speed and aperture, and nothing, i had it on just shutter and then just aperture and the same nothing, the camera would not take a picture, Now i have to admit i forgot all about the setting for night shots, so i never got to try that setting and will once again try tonight,

Can anyone tell me why the camera didn't take a photo in any of the modes i had it at?

As soon as i got home last night it was snapping away in normal light, it was pitch black in that feild last night and the wind was blowing a gail, lesson from last night, Warm clothes and a torch to see the settings.

Any information on what i was doing wrong before i go back out tonight would be grateful.
Thank you and best wishes Pauline

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow