wide format choice-epson or canon

Started Sep 28, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Schulte Regular Member • Posts: 456
wide format choice-epson or canon

All;

Looking for thoughts and comments pertaining to two new 24" printers; the Epson Stylus Pro 7800, or Canon ImagePROGRAF W6400.

Both seem excellent. To me, the Epson seems a little easier to use maybe because the black does not have to be swapped out, maybe in the end yielding a really good B&W due to their trhee-level black (?? is this a real feature or marketing babble?)

I am interested in printing on matte and art finish papers- I am under the impression that at this size, not much is done with glossy paper (am I right on this?)

currently, I have an Epson R800, and Canon i9900- after some use, I prefer the canon for speed and output.

I wonder what the rest out there think about these two 24" printers? I know the Epson will not even be out until Fall sometime, so this is an intellectual exercise at best. But I am really interested in what you think as I have learned much more by listening than speaking.

John

John Schulte's gear list:John Schulte's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow