Info: Metz SCA adapter for Ds

Started Sep 13, 2005 | Discussions thread
Mark Stiebel Regular Member • Posts: 310
Metz SCA adapter test

This thread has motivated me to do some lightly controlled flash tests. Here are a couple of test pics:

Pentax *istDS
Metz 54MZ-4 with 3702
Australian kit lens Sigma 18-50

I let the camera and flash do all the work - no exposure adjustments or anything by me.

As you can tell from the EXIF, all shots were at ISO200. I did change to 400, and in TTL the flash did register 400, but the EXIF still says 200, and the exposure seemed the same to me.

All but the last four were taken in Av, the last two being M and the previous two being in Tv.

In no instance did I notice that the flash fired twice. After these shots I also tried a few other miscellaneous settings, and still couldn't get a seond flash to fire.

I did notice is that in TTL mode only, with rear-sync turned off, the flash did take a while to ready for the next flash. It could be its taking longer to charge, but since the exposure is correct, it must have discharged the same as with the rear sync on. The other thing is that it starts to beep, then stops, then continues the beep. Strange.

TTL mode, default sync, aimed straight ahead:

TTL mode, rear sync, straight ahead:

TTL mode, default sync, straight ahead:

TTL mode, rear sync, straight ahead:

TTL mode, default sync angled at 45:

TTL mode, rear sync angled at 45:

A mode, default sync, aimed at 45:

A mode, rear sync, aimed at 45:

A mode, default sync, aimed straight ahead (Tv):

A mode, rear sync, aimed straight ahead (Tv):

TTL mode, default sync, ISO400 (M):

TTL mode, rear sync, ISO400 (M):

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
wll
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow