Robbed at knife point

Started Sep 15, 2005 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
JetJockey Regular Member • Posts: 295
Robbed at knife point

for my Canon 1DMKII and my Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM in Boston,MA., and i thought CA was bad, Jeus-H-Chrispie. After retiring from the Navy this year i was trying to persuade my wife about moving back East were i grew up in CapeCod,MA. Well last night we were at Castle Island taking some night shots of planes coming in for landing at Boston's Logan Airport, when we were leaving i put the lens and my MKII back into their cases. My wife was carrying the case with the camera and i had the case with the lens and tripod, when out of no were a kid popped out from behind a truck, my wife was grabbed at knife point and we were instructed to hand over the gear. Well we handed over the cases, and as soon as he let go of my wife the chase began, i told her to dial 911 and ripped the antenna off of a Nissan Pathfinder to even the playing field and was in pursuit. Well it took one whip in the face from behind with that antenna to drop him in his tracks. He the dropped the knife to protect his face, i kicked the knife aside, were an on looker with his girlfriend picked it up. I probably gave him another 20 whips with the antenna while he was down, to keep him down until the Police arrived, i wanted to take his picture sitting there sobbing like a baby from his welts. Anyway i am sure glad i took the time to put everything away before i left, as the cases saved everything from getting damaged.

I was not going to say anything about this but event, as i do not want anyone to think it is wise to risk injury over a camera and lens. The Military has spent thousands on training me in self defense, i was very comfortable with the situation. The point is, a car antenna is a VERY LETHAL WEAPON when used properly, it may help you if you are ever confronted by an attacker, every female should know about this technique of self defense. BTW my wife encouraged me too post this, she wanted everyone to know about a car antenna as a means of self defense.
--

• ~ • VFA-41 'Black Aces' • ~ •

Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
KEG
Mig
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow