20D - improved Katz Eye focsuing screen - Part 1/1

Started Aug 13, 2005 | Discussions thread
PN Regular Member • Posts: 234
What other focussing screens are conceivable?

So the Nikon K3 is (among?) the brightest, and used by Katz Eye.
So the K2 is nice also

The Contax FU-... works, but is significantly darker.

The Nikon F3-screens results in backfocus unless lowered into the camera, so the edge has to be worked to make them fit.

No need, you say?

But then, Nikon has very interesting focussing screens for the F-series, some of which still seem to be available.

For instance the H-screens (available in four types) has no split screen, but has microprisms allover! No need to focus in the center, you can focus anywhere, but the non focussed image might look strange. What is it intended for? According to Nikon it was intended for sports photography, i.e. fast focussing, no time to reposition the camera, etc. I would really like to try such a screen, as I take a lot of pictures in near darkness with wide apertures, social dancing. While my Contax screen is quite helpful, both framing and focussing remains difficult.

But then, the type H screens are not available for the Fm bodies, but for the F bodies only (with the above mentioned back focus problem)?

What other types of screens would be interesting?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SPy
swp
SPy
PN
PN
PN
PN
PN
PN
PN
PN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow