Could it SADLY be that some of Olympus's...

Started Aug 29, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 21,090
Could it SADLY be that some of Olympus's...

best products were released in the past? Meaning the likes of the UZI, 5050, 5060, 7070, 8080, etc. These pittance of new digicam releases by Oly at least signal to me that their bottom line will continue to be negatively affected. What in the hell were their engineers thinking? Perhaps a year or so ago these releases would have been considered okay...but now - in light of what the competition is up to? Nada...

Or, could it be that Oly no longer considers the digicam market profitable or worth entertaining? After all, some of the competition have publically indicated that the DSLR segment of the industry is where the profits will be found.

So folks, keep those current model (or past year models) Oly cameras on hand - don't sell them - because what you have now may very well be the best that Oly is capable of delivering - at least as it appears now.

How disappointing. I mean to say that I was not expecting a miracle, but these releases are downright disappointing. Do my comments mean I have lost faith in Olympus? No, but it does show that I believe that their marketing savy has been misplaced. I cannot believe the 500 release - meaning a small 1/2.5" sensor, a large zoom (although no real wide angle) and no IS. What good is that long zoom without IS? Perhaps they should also issue a tripod or monopod with each 500 sold (as a necessity)!

Sorry for ranting because I am kind of bummed at the moment...

Ben

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X30 Olympus E-330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M +15 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow