P2000 vs PDA image quality, etc.

Started Aug 17, 2005 | Discussions thread
OP Robert Strom Senior Member • Posts: 2,982
Re: P2000 vs PDA image quality, etc.

I agree!

Before I bought the Axim I checked out a lifedrive at the local CompUSA store, but before spending $500.00 I wanted more than a in store demo from a poorly trained salesperson. Plus I had read from various reviews that there were hard drive "burps" that made me reluctant to become a "early adoptor" (read guinie pig) of the device.

I took the best cost/benefit/proven technology road and compromised my wish list:

• Fully functional PDA with a great screen and software for viewing my camera's images

• High capacity HD for d-loading my cards

• Cost comensurate with s-ware/h-ware problems

There are enough professional digital photographers out there now to support such a device, but the wants always exceed the expectations in the time frame we could use them, so we either compromise, wait or buy the newest, greatest at the highest price only to be dissapointed because the designers are not really in touch with the market, only responding a day late and many dollars higher with marginal pacifiers.

Taking a load off, Robert Strom

Robert Strom's gear list:Robert Strom's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow