RAW is killing me!

Started Aug 17, 2005 | Discussions thread
DrFogg Regular Member • Posts: 417
BUT

Lifes too short for all this, (well it is for me at 57). Ive read all the debates, ive truggled with raw until im blue in the face, i ended up getting worse images than i started with, everyones going on about bits and pixels but your supposed to make judgements on a monitor that displays none of these to perfection. I have downloaded rse and used DPP etc, but you need manuals the size of telephone directories. Im still struggling to program my video recorder without all this extra hassle.

I have decided to shoot dual raw jpg and only play around the the pics i really need too, I think the canon digi 11 does a brilliant job and im happy with the large jpgs.

Damiella if your reading this i eagerly embraced your suggested camera settings for jpg of -2 contrast etc, but all my pice then came out low in contrast and need adjustment, what am i doing wrong? the best pics i have ever had were with the in camera jpg settings as bought from the shop.

Drfogg

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mws
jgb
amt
amt
T3
jgb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow