Sigma SD10 VS Kodak 14N Image quality?

Started Aug 9, 2005 | Discussions thread
halidedream Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: I doubt Uwe gaussian blurred it

The problem was that the world moved on and foveon didn't.

"That's true but a little unfair. There are not several X3 research teams in the world. There's only one: at Foveon. But with Bayer technology there are teams of researchers at Sony and Canon and Kodak, etc. so the balance of resources is lopsided."

Hello Chromelight,

I guess that for my needs, I am sorry that foveon does not have the resources ( although I am sure they could license their technology and then have many teams working on it), but only care about the options now-today. Comparing the SD10 to the Kodak as far as resolution goes, the Kodak is much better period. I hope that you are corect when you said:

"Having said that Mr. Yamaki (president of Sigma) has stated that the next Sigma DSLR with use a new Foveon chip, and this chip will address several issues people have with the camera. I think this second generation chip is what people should look at when evaluating the future of Foveon technology."

I hope they hit a home run and come out with a truly amazing product. But it hasn't been announced yet, foveon hasn't said they have a better sensor yet, so we are quite a ways away yet and nikon and canon ( plus Sony on the Minolta mount) will be moving forward quickly.

Right now, today, I think the Fuji S3 and the canon 20D have better resolution, not to mention camera systems than the SD10. There are lots of cameras in the SD10 price range that don't have moire or the little quirks of the Kodak (funny I shot a wedding this weekend and used the kodak for about half the portraits-no moire, or problems at all-actually I almost never have problems with the Kodak, except for the speed of use compared to the Canon's). I would say that the Kodak at its current price is the bargain of the moment for someone looking for resolution. For speed, ease of use, etc. there are lots of great options.

all the best,
Gregory

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
spm
JLK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow