Sigma SD10 VS Kodak 14N Image quality?

Started Aug 9, 2005 | Discussions thread
halidedream Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: I doubt Uwe gaussian blurred it

Hello Macaroon,

Please take a look at Andrea's website. Not meaning to discredit Uwe, but I I think you will find he knows a little more about photography than Uwe does. He was also poking fun at the horrible test, because anyone who shoots for a living, or even someone who has used these cameras knows that test is flawed. It is funny, because I really wanted the Foveon chip to be an amazing breakthrough. In one sense it was showing that 3 mpix's could rival a 6mpix bayer filter cmos. The problem was that the world moved on and foveon didn't. If you get a chance, go to a camera store that carries both systems and try them out for yourself. I think that you will find, as most of us who have, that the Kodak is really, really good in the resolution and color department. (image wise) it is in the league of the D2x and the 1DSII, the sigma is not. The web is a wonderful place for information, and all of those graphs are great fun, but nothing compares to using the camera in the way you shoot and then looking at the results for yourself. What has been really special about the Kodak forum is that many people, despite their camera choices, were able to come here and get good information without the chest pounding need to prove that brand x was better than brand y. Many of these people shoot for a living and trust me, they test their equipment more than any reviewer, because their livlihood, reputation and passion all rely on it.

all the best,
Gregory

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
spm
JLK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow