Sigma SD10 VS Kodak 14N Image quality?

Started Aug 9, 2005 | Discussions thread
Gabriele Sartori Veteran Member • Posts: 4,433
4C here is your Sigma quality:

This is a link pointing to an upscaled 12MP photo from Gary Mercer (the link point directly to photo he posted on his site). The photo was taken with the SD9.

Gary originally posted in this thread assuming that Sigma is a great camera equal or better than the Kodak. Look by yourself, go in his site and look at all the other photo. Under the artistic point of view Gary has MANY very beautiful photos but in terms of photo quality they are not that good. Resolution is bad and colors not that great either.

So, stop bugging us, this is all people that knows a thing or two about photography. I don't hate Sigma, I actually love it. I don't hate Foevon, I actually love it; the CEO of Foevon is my countryman Federico Faggin the inventor of the Microprocessor and I know personally their VP of engineering. Fact is that this particular sensor can't compete in resolution with a 14MP camera while we all agree that Sigma compete very well with the 6MP camera. Foveon could very well make a larger (I mean larger in size as well) sensor but probably there is not enough market for it. If they make a larger sensor they could make a great sensor, I'm sure. THis is just for a different market.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Gabriele
California, CA
--------------------
Equipment list in profile

Gabriele Sartori's gear list:Gabriele Sartori's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Leica M Typ 240 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
4C
spm
JLK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow