Any OFFICIAL word on DS banding issues?

Started Aug 7, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
reflux Regular Member • Posts: 285
Any OFFICIAL word on DS banding issues?

This is REALLY starting to annoy me, as a matter of fact, to the level where I'm thinking about selling my Pentax gear and go with another manufacturer.

The banding. You know, the one you get when shooting lots of photos in a short time, mostly with ISO 800 and up? I had a photo permit at a music festival this weekend and now when I'm checking my images I see WAY too many good pictures wasted by banding issues like in the 100% crop below.

(shot at ISO 800, RAW (auto with CS2), Sandisk Ultra II 1GB card, Lithium energizers, Sigma EX 28-70 DF, DS firmware 1.00)

Has anyone talked to Pentax about this? Is this the way the camera is supposed to work? Are other brands as bad? I find it VERY hard to believe that professional C & N users would accept such behaviour from their work tools.

This bothers me alot since concert photography was one the things I bought my camera for and when you have a permit to shoot during the three first songs of each set you can't really "wait for the camera to calm down" between the shots.

Any ideas? Is my camera faulty? I've tried other mem cards and lenses, nothing helps. I like my DS ALOT but I can't promise a customer to deliver pro quality photographs when every tenth photo has to been thrown away because of hardware issues (although that's much lower than my own good/cr*p ratio )

d.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow