Help re unsophisticated use of DS vs DL

Started Aug 6, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IanMiddy Contributing Member • Posts: 625
Help re unsophisticated use of DS vs DL

Hi

I've been using one of Kodaks DX6490 10x cams for about a year, together with an Olympus TCON 1.7x, mostly for wildlife [esp. bird] shots recently. Although these come out ok, by the time I've cropped to produce a satisfactory result I'm often only left with about 2MP most of the time.

I have several old Tamron Adaptall2 lenses [+ 2x conv] that I used to use with my Fujica screw-thread SLR's in the 80's, together with a Fujinon 400/4.5 [preset] that I found cheap 25yrs ago, and had been wondering about using them with a Pentax DSLR body [with the associated 1.5x crop factor] - I'd picked up Adapatall KA & KM mounts when a local shop closed, so seemed about ready.

I'd almost settled on the DS when the DL came along - and the DL's about 75% of the cost of a DS in the UK. Can anyone offer advise as to wether the DL has any significant shortcomings bearing in mind that I'll be using these fully-manual lenses on either body ?

[I've not been able to find any reviews of the DL yet, only the news items...]

Also, I have an old Hoya M42 300/5.6 [similar era to others] and was wondering if any of the M42/PK adapters perform a stop-down function when the lens is mounted [effectively turning it into a preset] ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer...

IDM

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow