Couple of Pano attempts

Started Aug 3, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben78 Regular Member • Posts: 359
Couple of Pano attempts

During a weekend away recently (just gone) I thought I'd have a crack at doing a pano. Thought about it a bit and figured that I'd at least need the exposures to be the same, and the pictures reasonably level. I tried to join them using paint shop pro - to no avail, thats when I discovered that lenses curve stuff

So I downloaded Panostitcher, and Autostitch. I liked Autostitch a lot better and will use that one. One thing I have learned though is that my 500mhz celeron laptop is incredibly slow at this image processing caper...

Anyway - here is the pano's, first is from the Dorrigo Skywalk looking northeast, Pacific Ocean is to the right and about 40km away.

Sorry they are a bit wide...

Pics taken with DS with sigma 18-125 at the wide end of course - 4 pictures make up this pano. Angle of view approx 140°

Second is dairy country looking southwest across the Dorrigo Plateau, same camera and lens, 3 images this time. Angle of view approx 100°

Comments welcome!

-- hide signature --

Ben
Nth NSW Australia
*ist DS w/Sigma 18-125, FA50mm f1.4, FA100mm f2.8 Macro
Sony DSC-P72 - don't mind if it gets dirty camera...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow