Hummingbirds @ ISO3200 (4 imgs)

Started Aug 1, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Hummingbirds @ ISO3200 (4 imgs)

So, here I was in my sittin' place, contemplating the overcast skies and what looks like a storm approaching. I began to think (Oh no! Ron's thinking again!), I wondered if I could get a shot of a humming bird under these conditions.

A Pentax-A 200mm f4 lens was used. I put on a 12mm extension tube just so I could focus a tad closer than the minimum focusing distance, 1.9meters (about 6.2 feet), of this lens.

All shots are at f4, 1/4000s, Aperature priority, ISO3200, Exposure bias value -0.7, Metering mode Pattern

Selected Continuos Shooting Mode, prefocused the lens, set the MF/AF switch to AF.

Then I pressed and locked the shutter on the wired remote switch. This allows for un-attended shots. Each time the HB entered the pre-focused area the shutter would fire. I like this. I can go take a nap if I want to and my camera will continue shooting as long as the HB enters the pre-focused area and the batteries are strong. I got a total of 30 images this way, of which the four below were the best. This ISO3200 has surprised me. I think they are fairly good. I would not print them at 8x10 though. ~ Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron ~ Retired, just taking it easy with life, and not getting bothered much by these brain excercises.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow