Should I return my accessories to Butterfly Photo?

Started Jul 19, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bus New Member • Posts: 13
Should I return my accessories to Butterfly Photo?

I recently purchased an Oly 8080 from Butterfly Photo for $462 ( good deal ) as well as a Panasonic Lumix Z25 for $446. I plan to use the cameras in tandem. The saleman was able to sell me a whole bunch of accessories; to be honest with you I don't know If I got a competitive deal on the accessories and more importantly, I am somewhat skepticial of the quality of these accessories as they are offbrands

As an example, I purchased a Crystal Vision/DigitalVisions .5x wide angle and Vision optics 2X telephoto lens package for $200, a set of 3 Merkury 72MM filters for $150, a DigitalVisions 2GB Flash card for the Olympus and DigitalViisons 1GB SD for the Panasonic in addition to spare batteries.

As I have never heard of DigitalVisions, Merkury, Vison Optcs, i am very skeptical about the quality of the lens, filters as well as the flash cards and SD cards, i am inclined to return thiese accessories and accept a 10% penalty in the restocking fee. WHat do you suggest I do in this situation?

Also when I arn the dead pizel test on the OLY 8080, I had no dead pizels, but I started getting hot pizels at 1/2 sec (4), 1 sec (4), 2 sec (12), 4 sec (18), 8 sec (58), 10 sec (181) and 15 sec (4). Number in parantheses represent the number of hot pizels. Should I be concerned about the number of hot pizels and exchange the camera as well?

Please advsise ASAP as I have to make a final diecision on these issues by Friday!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow