My new 2400 compared to my 2200

Started Jun 20, 2005 | Discussions thread
OP Ira Blumberg Senior Member • Posts: 1,013
New observation

I have now noticed that prints on Premium Luster seem a bit warmer than the on screen display of the image. For skin tones, the effect is not bad, but I still prefer to have colors look as close as possible to the screen version when I print.

I have calibrated both screen and printer with GretagMacbeth's Eye One Photo package. In addition, prints using the Epson supplied Premium Luster profile look almost identical to the prints using my Eye One generated profile, i.e., these prints are equally warm as well.

Others have mentioned that the prints take a day or so to dry fully and that they can change subtly during that process. Similarly, the 2200 prints definitely changed a bit during drying. So, before I make any conclusions, I will wait a day or two and then re-examine the photos that initially looked warm.

I did wait about 20 hours after printing my profiling targets before measuring them, which I hope was sufficient.

Ira

Ira Blumberg's gear list:Ira Blumberg's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow