The Sunday Bee is now The Sunday Close-Up, Vol. 1 #5, June 12, 2005

Started Jun 12, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tony Finnerty Senior Member • Posts: 2,581
The Sunday Bee is now The Sunday Close-Up, Vol. 1 #5, June 12, 2005

The Sunday Bee is a great name for this thread, but puts too much emphasis on, well..., bees . I want potential contributors to know that any type of close-up photo fits in this thread, not just bees and bugs so I'm changing the name to The Sunday Close-Up, which still retains a newspaper kind of flavor while being more inclusive of all kinds of close-up photos. I'm also expanding the photo subjects from close-ups of living objects to any kind of close-up.

Because Digital Zuiko lens focus unusually close, all of them can be used to take close-up photos. How often do you set the 50-200mm lens at 200mm and minimum focus? Try it and see what appears in your viewfinder, you'll be amazed! And if you have the teleconverter, you've got a macro lens that gives lots of working distance. The 14-54mm lens doesn't work with the teleconverter over its entire zoom range, but it focuses very close without the TC and is a near-macro lens all by itself. And of course there is the 50mm f/2 Macro lens, a 1:2 macro lens by itself or 1:1 macro with the TC. I'm not sure of how close the kit lenses with the E-300 can focus, so post some photos and show us.

Walk around for an hour with your lens - any lens - kept at minimum focus and see what you can capture. Enjoy the different challenges of composition, background, lighting and depth of field. This thread is a good place to describe what you do and ask questions. If you list basic EXIF data, e.g., lens, camera, focal length, f-stop, shutter speed, flash setup (if any), tripod, we can learn more from each other, but post those photos for us to enjoy even if you don't have that info handy.

So you don't have to wait for a photo to appear every time you click this thread, my first photos for this week are in the next message.

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow