Canon 10D Disassembly project [Link]

Started May 22, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pepe-Lepue Senior Member • Posts: 1,923
Canon 10D Disassembly project [Link]

Hears some MEAT for you guys who want to see the guts of the 10D, but were too chicken to open her up

This is my 10D unit that barely works. It throws "ERROR99" on over 50% of the shots. It is due to two broken CF pins. AMAZINGLY the two pins were the redundant positive and negative power circuits. These are the ONLY two pins that could possibly break and still leave the card reader in a fully functional state, but the load on the primary power bus causes repeated inconsistent failures and the camera suddenly drops after exposure during the write process.

The CF interface on the 10D is an independent component, and can be replaced without the expense of forced replacement of undamaged consolidated components. The 10D has VERY weak CF pins, much weaker than any CF interface I've seen yet. Even though I'm very disappointed with the weakness of the 10D pins, I'm very proud of Canon for creating an independent component for the CF interface. . . BRAVO Canon!!!

The project has not yet started. I must wait for the CF component as well as the replacement rubber grips and sticky templates to secure the grips to arrive from Canon. Once these arrive, I'll put the meat on for ya'!!!

Bookmark this post. I will alert to updates to the gallery chronicalling via images the disassembly and repair of my 10D. I'll be happy to answer questions should you ask.

Many of you are going to make comments that I'm crazy for taking on such a project. I assure you that this is nothing for me.
The gallery is set up here;
http://www.pbase.com/domotang/canon_10d_disassembly_project
--
'I am ze locksmith of love, no?'
Stephen Reed

http://www.pbase.com/domotang

Pepe-Lepue's gear list:Pepe-Lepue's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow