Wireless Radio Trigger Test

Started May 6, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FotoFlip Senior Member • Posts: 1,091
Wireless Radio Trigger Test

Got my battery-operated 4-channel wireless radio trigger today from Joe's Photo Auction. I put it to the test right away.

Indoors: works without a flaw over 3 stories from my kitchen with the door closed (wooden floors).
Outside:

Put a flash outside on the top of my house (height 22m, approx 66 feet) and tested from ground level. I measured the distance with my Garmin Etrex GPS.

0-100 meters (0-300 feet): works without a flaw from every spot in half a circle with a diameter of 100 meters, even if blocked by trees.

100-150 meters (300-450 feet): works almost all the time; on a few occasions I had to hold the transmitter above my head or to the side at arms length to make it work.

150-200 meters (450-750 feet) works, but you have to experiment where to stand within an area of two steps. This means setting up a tripod with the transmitter in a 'good' spot and connect it to the camera with a cable.

largest distance I was able to set of the flash after finding a 'good' spot with walking around a bit: 250 meters (750 feet)

Conclusion:

Works always in normal circumstances. I think it's a neat little gadget for $45,- (purchase $25,- and shipping to Europe $20,-).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow