My first impressions - and some info...

Started Jul 28, 2001 | Discussions thread
OP Wayne DeWitt Senior Member • Posts: 1,259
About batteries...

Something strange may be going on with the power management of the D7. I haven't had time to sort this out yet but I do have an observation. When the camera shuts down for lack of power I of course replace the batteries. I've noticed that they are no where near as hot at this point as they get with my Casio under like conditions. When I charge said batteries they recharge in a shorter than expected time. It may be that the batteries in fact have a significant amount of energy left. The manual has a warning concerning the early display of the low battery signal with alkalines - I wonder if there's a problem with NiMH also? My work schedule is too heavy for the next few weeks to allow me to check into this further, maybe someone who also works in electronics can rig-up a test fixture to see what voltage and Wh are left in the batteries. We've been doing some work at my company with Nimh batteries lately - I'll see if one of our technicians has a test already set-up.

Wayne

Wayne DeWitt's gear list:Wayne DeWitt's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Nikon Coolpix P510 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Kodak DCS Pro 14n Nikon D70 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Joo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow