My first impressions - and some info...

Started Jul 28, 2001 | Discussions thread
OP Wayne DeWitt Senior Member • Posts: 1,259
Re: My first impressions - and some info...

Checked on a few more things.

1. My B+W polarizer vignettes from 28mm- 55mm. B+W make just about the thickest ringed filters around. You should be o.k. with a slim Hoya filter. Get a slim filter without front threads and you'll be fine. Resist the urge to go to a larger filter if you intend to replace the hood for the actual exposure - it's not going to fit over anything larger than 49mm. My B+W vignettes only the very corners, but it does so with a vengence.

2. I checked again and can say with certainty that the metering system does not follow the flex focus point.

3. I've given more thought to the "Zoom Issue". Considering the amount of extension of the lens at 200mm EFL there is a considerable change in the volume of the air contained within the assembly. The "feeling" is most certainly due to seals/o-rings that prevent dust and debris from being sucked into the camera when you zoom.

Wayne

Wayne DeWitt's gear list:Wayne DeWitt's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Nikon Coolpix P510 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Kodak DCS Pro 14n Nikon D70 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Joo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow