Next generation Fuji digital

Started Apr 24, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FlossTycoon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,904
Next generation Fuji digital

I have only had my S3 about a week now. I think it is going to work out well for me. I have also been thinking about the Fuji need for a new professional body to remain competitive. So here is my idea.

What about building a digital camera along the lines of Fuji's GX680. A slightly smaller size with three rotatable backs. One back with a DX size sensor, one with a 24x36 full frame sensor and one with a 36x 36 square sensor. The backs rotate for vertical images. Two ports each for DX and Compact Flash cards in the backs with a dark slide to protect the sensor from scratches and dust. Two viewfinders, one a rear facing prism type and one looking down from the top of the body, interchangeable. Three, or more fronts for the body. The first would be a bellows with full tilts, swings and shifts. This would likely be limited to a few new Fuji wide angle lenses but it would give pros a great camera for product and architectural shooting. The other fronts for the body would contain focus and aperature mechanisms and lens mounts for either the Nikon and Canon lens systems. It would take Fuji decades to catch up to the big two and their line of lenses so make them useable on the Fuji body with the Fuji sensor. Add an optional grip like Bronica's system for handling and flash. Also a remote with Blackberry or WiFi capabilities and an LCD display so the photographer can change all the camera settings from the remote a reasonable distance away. No cable to trip over.

So that is my grand idea for now. Feel free to weigh in.

Alan, in Montana

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow