If you use AA NiMH rechargables...

Started Apr 15, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
If you use AA NiMH rechargables...

I have read alot of posts in the forums at dpreview about AA NiMH batteries not lasting as long as expected. I learned something about a month ago with my Canon S1. I have quite a few, sets of 4, NiMH batteries that I use for my Canon S1 as well as other cameras. One set of 4 seemed to deplete rapidly, like 30 minutes to and hour. I checked the charge of each battery individually using a cheap Radio Shack battery checker. I found that 3 would still have a charge and one would be dead. I put a mark on that one battery and charged them all again. Upon using them for 30 minutes to an hour they would again deplete. Checked them again with the RS checker and the one I marked was depleted. One more time and the same thing happened. So I threw that individual battery away and used another in its place. Everything now works as expected.

Moral of the story --- If you have AA NiMH rechargable battery problems, it just may be a single battery that is the problem and not necessarily the type of battery or the charger.

Ron

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow