I ruined my BG-E2... horror story

Started Mar 21, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Winbob Forum Member • Posts: 78
I ruined my BG-E2... horror story

Even with some problems with BG-E2 that I've heard, I decide to buy it anyway this friday. Saturday my first shoot outside, since I saw that most posts were on the grip getting loose, I gave a little twist after it was installed on the body, I've heard a crunchh,... ohoh I said to myself. So I went in nature for all day without a problem. At the end of the day I tried to desinstalled the grip for packing. BINGO... the lock bolt didnt turn even with some force. What could I do ! so I force a bit more and again, nothing, it wont turn. So I force a bit more and it finnaly turn maybe 1/2 turn, tried again and Pafffff finito... the wheel gears are broke inside and the wheel is turning loose.

Now I cant get it off the body and it a bit loose 1/2 turn. Really nothing to do myself except to tear it apart with a Dremel tool and byebye the warranty.

So now I'm shipping the body and the permanent grip to Canon Canada in Toronto, 4 to 6 weeks I guess.

I'm depressed.

This post is a warning, dont apply too much force on the wheel.

(thanks for decoding my English)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow