MY Attitude: Goodbye Canon

Started May 25, 2001 | Discussions thread
jgitz Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: MY Attitude: Goodbye Canon

Well, I'm not going to get caught up in an extended argument but these types of postings often say more about the poster than the product.

Having seen excellent results from the G1 and other similiar cameras, I am forced to ask if the problem is with the user. Yeah, you brag about your qualifications as if that makes you an expert in every piece of equipment. Experience can often be a hinderence rather than an advantage. A pro has a lot of old habits, lots of strong preferences and opinions, as to the way cameras and associate equipment should work. They have difficulty adapting to something different.

I also see that your argument makes references to Microsoft and cigarettes. Trying to link your problems with Canon to other hot button issues is a sure sign that your argument can't stand on it's own. I'm surprised you didn't throw in guns and abortion.

Although you may not believe this, I'm not trying to be mean. You are obviously frustrated because the G1 doesn't suit your purposes. If everyone had these same problems, there would be support for your case. But there are many G1 owners, both amateur and pro, who have done amazing photography with it. For them, the tool works well, for you it doesn't. You shouldn't try to make it something more than that.

Kevin Bjorke wrote:

I am personally sick and tired of dealing with the G1 being out of> focus; of the G1 refusing to cooperate with standard gear or even> Canon's own gear; and of Canon's almost Microsoft-like attitude> against its customers (akin to the attitude of cigarette makers,> who view their customers as property). I've worked quite a lot with> the camera. I am a professional shooter and cinematographer and I> know what I'm doing. I've used Canon gear since the mechanical F-1.> I made web sites and solicited help, spoke to Canon techs on> numerous occasions all over America, and really believed that it> was just a matter of me learning to use the camera adroitly that> would make it as capable as, say, and Argus C-3. But it's not. The> G1 is so full of bugs and dead-ended broken features that my> patience with it is really at an end. Watch for mine (along with a> 550EX and a wireless controller) on Ebay or in the Honolulu> newspapers soon. I'm buying something else.> > > --> kb> kb> http://www.botzilla.com/photo/g1faq.html > >

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eg
Zak
Zak
EJN
EJN
EJN
Les
LPG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow