Problems with S2Pro CCD

Started Nov 16, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gilo Junior Member • Posts: 30
Problems with S2Pro CCD

I have read with interest the previous threads on the problems with the CCD of the S2Pro with serial number 31 and/or 32. I am the unlucky owner of a S2Pro serial no. 32 bought in Bangkok 15 months ago. My CCD died exactly 10 months after the purchase and only 1,500 shots. I managed to get it replaced under warranty by Fujifilm Singapore. But one week ago also the new CCD died, with exactly the same symptoms:black images. I haven't heard anybody lamenting a relapse so far and I wanted to hear if anybody had such experience. I have brought the camera to the Fuji service in the Philippines (where I reside) and they refuse to do anything unless I pay something like $1,200 to get the CCD replaced again!!! This is clearly ridiculuos, considering that obviously there is something very wrong with the circuits of the camera, which make any CCD last only for a few months.

It is clear to me that Fuji should recall all these cameras and offer adequate compensation.

I have written to Fuiji Singapore but haven't got any answer and I am planning to write to the CEO of Fuji hoping to get something done.

But first I wanted to knoiw if anybody has heard any developments on thsi matter.
Thank you all.
Gilo

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow