a must have book

Started Nov 12, 2004 | Discussions thread
Diane B Forum Pro • Posts: 20,647
A question about other books that cover masking in depth......

Bill Richardson wrote:

-- hide signature --

If you are a serious intermediate (or above) level Photoshop
user, you simply have to have the new book, Photoshop Masking &
Composting by Katrin Eismann. . She combines great teaching ,
writing, and creative skills in this book. It is daunting at 500+
pages but well worth the time. I rank it with Tim Grey's Color
Confidence as the 2 best Photoshop books I have read to date and I
have read a lot of them. It is not the typical "trick" book but
teaches the masking skills we all need to master in depth in order
to use Photoshop in any way. Probably way too much for the
beginner though. Let's make this book a best seller so she and
others will write more advanced level Photoshop books!
Bill Richardson
Barrington, IL (USA)

I'm curious if you have Real World PSCS by Blatner and Fraser or PSCS Studio Techiniques by Ben Willmore? Oh, PS7 Pro Bible by Deke McClelland too. If so, how would you compare this book to the quite extensive masking info in the first book particularly? I like Eismann's writing and have one of her books but already own a lot of PS books from 5 up and if I won't get any new information, just can't justify buying another book. PS7 Artistry also has a lot of masking info in it--so you see my point LOL. I tend to be a book 'junky' (not just PS books--I'm just an avid reader and book collector), but right now I'm trying to be at least rational about adding books.

I agree for those that don't have any books with good masking information--and to encourage her to write more advanced PS books---but I guess I'm being selfish and trying to justify not adding another PS book to my pretty extensive PS collection LOL (there are WAY more--as I said--my work area book shelves are groaning smile ). Haven't been to B & N to check it out--maybe that's what I should do--in hopes they actually have it.

Diane
--
Diane B
black and white lover, but color is seducing me
http://www.pbase.com/picnic/galleries

Diane B's gear list:Diane B's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Apple iPad Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow