Canon’s attitude: what do you think?

Started May 15, 2001 | Discussions thread
Peter T Senior Member • Posts: 1,272
A question for those that think only Canon flashes should work?

Let's say I give you a very lucrative photographic assignment. It calls for the use of huge softboxes with 1200 watt lights inside. Canon doesn't make this type of equipment. But that's ok because there are dozens of companies that do. None of it is made to work for any particular camera. It's a standard that's been around for decades and it's very simple.

The majority of pro studio work is done with this type of euipment. So it's easy to rent and that will be part of the budget for the shoot. There are two ways to trigger the lights: a sync jack or a hotshoe adapter. Any of Canon's SLR's that don't have a sync jack will work with a hotshoe adapter.

It's simple. All the camera has to do is wait until the shutter is fully open, trigger the light and then close after the amount of sync time is complete. I don't know of any SLR that this won't work with.

Apparently it used to work on the G1 prior to the last upgrade. It doesn't now. So my question: how will you do the assignment with the G1?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rwh
MK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow