The Scotch tape controversy

Started Oct 14, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Akanohana Contributing Member • Posts: 643
The Scotch tape controversy

In the past I've always had Fuji service clean the CCD. It's pretty convenient - I drop it off at the service depot in Osaka, head down to Yodobashi Camera for 90 minutes, and then return to pick up the camera. They've always done a great job, and the first three cleanings were free. They only started charging after the warranty expired, but at 4,000 yen a shot I figured I should start doing it myself. The trouble is, I haven't been able to find anything like Pec pads or Eclipse solution in Japan - it might be available under a different name, but I haven't found it.

So having read about the Scoth tape method, I decided to give it a shot. I used the 810 tape in the green package, and while it took me three tries to remove most of the dust, I'm pleased with the results, it was fairly easy to do once I got the hang of it (and cut down the Rubbermaid spatula), and the price was right. I know there will be plenty of people willing to tell me I'm crazy for having tried such a stunt, and that's ok, but my question is this: does anyone who has actually used this method have anything bad to report?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow