Next Weeks Surprise by Canon

Started Sep 1, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Pinches Senior Member • Posts: 1,298
Next Weeks Surprise by Canon

I inadvertanly posted a reply in the 1D/1Ds forum thinking I was in the 20D forum. My eyes are a mess from allergies right now, what can I say! Anyway, I reposted the relevant text from that post below:

Paul Pople over on the 1Ds forum is freaking out because he is on to Canon about a second pro 1 series camera he learned of being announced next week (in addition to the new 1Ds MKII) that has had no product leaks from Canon. No outside independent testors. It will be the tweeener camera between the 20D and 1DmkII that I have been predicting, as well as others, based on the open price point position between the two models. He says that a Canon Exec told him sometime ago that Canon will have a DSLR for every segment of the DSLR market. So, since I want a tweener model, I am a segment of the market they have to build a camera for! LOL We will know shortly if his unconfirmed prediction is true. He has been dead-on with every other "leak". Apparently this is not a matter of if another camera is coming, it is a matter of "what" the DSLR camera is.

He must have some real good inside contacts to always be ahead of the official product announcements. No one there will confirm any specs to him and there are no independent beta-testers with pre-production units.

So for those wanting more than a 20D has to offer may want to wait another week, before plunking down order deposit money. Canon has surprised us before, they may very well do so again!

-- hide signature --

John
-
http://www.jbp-photography.net
Equipment List In Profile

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Aby
KEG
Aby
R N
EJS
EJS
Aby
ToL
ToL
ToL
ToL
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow