8963 challenges of 897320 Page:
Cookbook illustration: Apple Challenge finished on Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013 A publisher requires a very compelling photograph of an apple to grace a full page of its latest cookbook. It can be on the tree, in a bowl or cut up, but it must be fresh (not cooked or blended). The apple must dominate the image, not simple appear in the frame.
Winner: Rufous Male
Little birds Challenge finished on Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013 Small , little birds with beautiful colours.
Winner: Bad weather ignorants
A rainy day outdoors... Challenge finished on Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013 Take a picture on a rainy day outside. Rain and/or water which comes from rain must be visible.
Winner: You can run but you can't hide...
Dinosaurs Challenge finished on Tuesday, 18 Jun 2013 Theme : Dinosaurs. Also acceptable are woolly mammoths and sabre-toothed cats . In the wild and active subjects preferred.
Father's Day Challenge finished on Monday, 17 Jun 2013 With it soon to be Father's Day in North America I would like to see a photo of your Dad that tells me something of the Man that he is (ie, it is NOT allowed just to be a portrait, but has to show us something of his vocation or hobbies etc).
Winner: Jump the dolphin
- Parkour - (Outdoor dayshot of human(s) + in Full Colours Only + Border, Title) Challenge finished on Monday, 17 Jun 2013 The challenge here is to get an up close full sized gravity defying parkour shots. (and only parkour shots only please) The photo should be a dayshot of a human (who appears to be 12 years old and above). It would be great to have a faceshot with the whole body, but if it's not possible then other weaker shots would also be accepted. Full silhouettes shots (those without and details of the main subject whatsoever) do not qualify, my apologies. You may enter up to 2 entries, provided they are different person. Photo can be taken with any camera, i.e DSLR, SLR, Mirrorless, Compact, Smartphone, etc... Please include a border and an appropriate title watermarked on the photo itself. Please don't enter an airborne gymnast, ballerina, kungfu combatant, breakdancer or trampoliner or a kid bouncing on a bed.
Winner: Three rusted trucks in a field
3 objects of any type - make it HDR or tone map it Challenge finished on Monday, 17 Jun 2013 Anything goes but it has to be 3 objects. They can be the same, or all different. Close ups or landscapes with 3 of something evident to the viewer. Process as HDR or do some type of tone mapping to brig out the detail. Try not to over do it, but have fun please :)
Winner: She is not waiting for you
a complete unknown
a complete unknown
Empty Challenge finished on Monday, 17 Jun 2013 Visualize the challenge theme with as much creativity as you can muster. Compose your story you want to tell us with your image in a pleasing way. Finally the photographic proficiency shouldn't fall too short.
Winner: The Joy of Driving
Car & Driver Challenge finished on Monday, 17 Jun 2013 The theme is to have a portrait of any car with their driver/owner. Dramatic flair is appreciated.
Winner: the rider
Animal Species: 2 or More Challenge finished on Sunday, 16 Jun 2013 In one image, show at least 2 different animal species. The goal is to capture unique, chance encounters of two or more living, but different animals, perhaps aware of each other. One of the animals must be wild; except farm, ranch or zoo animal(s) are ok in this role. Combinations might be: a bird and horse, a rabbit and mouse, a bear and dog, a spider and grasshopper, etc. If the image includes a household pet, only one pet per image please. (Unless participation is low, let's refrain from pet dog-&-cat, and waterfowl-with-fish photos this time, thank you.)
Back to:Challenges homepage
Have your say
What's been the most exciting announcement of Photokina?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
Total voters: 5,343
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4
Most popular cameras
In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and VideosPIX VideosTalks, demos and panels711The Canon that canCanon EOS 80D Review372Touchscreen street shooterFujifilm X70 Review2164Upwardly mobileSony a6300 Review339Power ZoomPanasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review2501Retro through-and-throughFujifilm X-Pro2 Review41Readers' ShowcaseNicolas Alexander Otto333Can we get much wider?Canon EF 11-24mm F4 L USM gallery401Inching forward? Canon PowerShot G5 X Review103VideoTamron SP 15-30mm F2.8 Field Test2162Playing the Ace?Sony Alpha 7R II Review424Real-world testThe Sony a6000 goes surfingrock steadyOlympus OM-D E-M5 II Review541ArticlePanasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 review717Mono a monoLeica Monochrom (Typ 246) hands-on1141In-depth ReviewLeica Q391You'll be impressedShootout: Tamron 15-30 F2.8 vs. Nikon 14-24 F2.8198Beyond the table top5 mini tripods reviewed