Photokina 2002: Kodak has announced the four megapixel tree times optical zoom EasyShare LS443. The LS443 features a new 'Variogon lens' from German lens maker Schneider-Kreuznach. The camera also features a 1.8" indoor/outdoor LCD monitor stores its images on SD/MMC and comes with the dock (pictured here). The LS443 should be available in October and is priced at $499.95.
Kodak Unveils Flagship 4.0 Megapixel Digital Camera with New Schneider Professional-Quality Lens
Kodak EasyShare LS443 Zoom Digital Camera Features Large Indoor/Outdoor LCD for Better Viewing
ROCHESTER, NY, Sept. 24 - Eastman Kodak Company today announced the LS443 Zoom Digital Camera, the flagship model in Kodak's 2002 EasyShare portfolio. The camera combines form and function with its sleek, ultra-stylish design, professional quality lens and 4.0 Megapixel (MP) resolution, producing stunning prints to fit wallets and walls.
Continuing its tradition of quality and innovation, Kodak has teamed up with Schneider-Kreuznach, the German producer of the world's highest-quality professional lenses and a leader in lens technology and design for 89 years. Together, the companies developed the professional-quality Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon lens used by the LS443. The precision engineered 3X optical lens, coupled with Kodak's proprietary color science technology, ensures LS443 camera users get stunning pictures - from edge to edge - every time.
"In keeping with the company's commitment to digital image quality, the LS443 is the first Kodak digital camera to utilize the new Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon lens, a feature that delivers professional-level sharpness and picture quality on a consumer digital camera," said Pierre Schaeffer, chief marketing officer and vice president of Kodak's Digital & Applied Imaging division. "Though the lens is of professional quality, users will still enjoy the intelligent simplicity of an EasyShare digital camera. The LS443 is 'the' digital camera to own, combining ease of use, high style, quality prints - a complete solution at a great price."
The LS443 is the latest addition to Kodak's award-winning EasyShare digital photography system, the recognized industry benchmark for ease-of-use in consumer digital photography. In addition to the Kodak EasyShare software, which simplifies editing, organizing, emailing and printing, the LS443 comes with a new special edition dock. The complete package will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $499.95.
The LS443 delivers crispness and unmatched color in every shot. The powerful 10X zoom capability - combining the Schneider 3X optical unit with Kodak's proprietary 3.3X Advanced Digital Zoom - allows users to take impeccably crisp close-ups. In addition, the camera's built-in proprietary Kodak color science, the result of decades of Kodak research and development, ensures unsurpassed color accuracy in every picture.
Additional features include:
- The recently introduced 1.8" Indoor/Outdoor LCD screen, allowing users to easily preview and review their shots even in direct sunlight. The screen's state-of-the-art non-glare coating significantly reduces the sun's glare on its surface, while maintaining exceptional viewing quality.
- An on-camera "Share" button makes printing, e-mailing and organizing a snap.
- A special edition dock for one-touch picture transfer and fast recharging of the high performance Li-Ion rechargeable battery, ensuring that the camera is always ready to shoot, capture and print at the touch of a button.
- A feature dial is used to access five scene modes - close-up, landscape, sport, night and movie - giving consumers the controls to take the perfect picture in any situation.
- Other creative controls include a menu of three color modes; a burst mode for high -speed sequence shooting; advanced auto focus options for low light and off -center subjects.
- The LS443 even captures life in motion with a continuous video and playback option with built in speaker.
Easily accessed features on the LS443 guide consumers effortlessly from photo capture and sharing through printing. The LS443's automatic picture rotation feature ensures that pictures always appear right side up on the camera, computer or TV. With the special 'camera always ready' feature, consumers can snap a picture even when the camera is not in the 'capture' setting. The LS443 also comes with 16MB of internal memory, which means consumers don't even need a memory card to start shooting right away. A MultiMediaCard or Secure Digital memory card inserted into the camera's expansion slot increases picture-taking capacity.
As with all of the digital cameras in the Kodak EasyShare portfolio, the LS443 is packed with the best image technology and built with ease and simplicity in mind so that picture takers are just one step from stunning photo prints. Using the Kodak EasyShare software, consumers have even more options to help them print, share, edit and organize their pictures. The EasyShare system, including the EasyShare software, makes getting prints virtually effortless, giving consumers the option to print at home using Kodak's proprietary One Touch to Better Pictures feature with Kodak's extensive line of inkjet paper products; from home by uploading to either the EasyShare print service or another online photofinisher; in or at retail using Kodak digitally-enabled kiosks or over the counter.
Kodak EasyShare LS443 Additional pictures
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4