Sigma 18-125mm f/3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM
Pre-PMA 2008: Kit lens owners seeking added stability without external support will welcome the launch of an image-stabilized 'walk round' lens from Sigma. The 18-125mm f/3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM combines a useful focal length range with a hypersonic focusing motor and optical stabilization in a remarkably compact package.
18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM
High ratio zoom lens housed in a compact construction and incorporating Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function.
The Sigma Corporation (COO: Kazuto Yamaki) is pleased to announce the new 18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM. This high ratio zoom lens is designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras and will be showcased at PMA, which is started on January 31st 2008 in Las Vegas, U.S.A.
- High zoom ratio lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras and incorporating Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function.
- SLD glass and Aspherical lenses provide high image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
- Super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting.
- Compact construction of 88.5mm (3.5”) in length and 74mm (2.9”) in diameter.
- Minimum focusing distance of 35cm (13.8") and maximum magnification of 1:3.8, making it ideal for close-up photography.
- HSM ensures quiet and high speed autofocus.
- Mounts: Sigma, Canon, Nikon, Pentax*1,2, Sony*1
This compact high zoom ratio lens is designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras and incorporates Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function. This system uses two sensors inside the lens to detect vertical and horizontal movement of the camera and works by moving an optical image stabilizing lens group to effectively compensate for camera shake.
It offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed approximately 4 stops faster. It is the ideal lens for several type of photography such as wide-angle, telephoto and close-up. SLD （Special Low Dispersion）glass, a molded glass aspherical lens and two hybrid aspherical lenses provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations.
The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 35cm (13.8”) at all focal lengths, and has maximum magnification of 1:3.8, making it ideal for close-up photography. This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed autofocus.
*1 OS function is not available.
*2 If the camera body does not support HSM motor, AF does not work.
Dec 28, 2010
Oct 22, 2010
Oct 14, 2010
Oct 5, 2010
|Thunderheads With Egret by Buzz Lightyear|
|Double Rainbow; Abiquiu, NM, USA. by abiquiuense|
from After the Rain
|White Tern-2289 by vbuhay|
from A Whiter Shade of Pale