Adobe Camera Raw 8.8 and DNG Converter 8.8 now available
Adobe has released the final version of Camera Raw 8.8 for Photoshop CC/CS6. Support for several additional Canon, Panasonic, and Fujifilm cameras have been added, as well as the Hasselblad Stellar II, Nikon D5500, and Olympus OM-D E-M5 II, among others. A large number of lens profiles have also been added.
For those using Photoshop and Lightroom editions older than CS6, DNG Converter 8.8 is also now available.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.8
- Casio EX-ZR3500
- Canon EOS 750D (Rebel T6i, Kiss X8i) (*)
- Canon EOS 760D (Rebel T6s, Kiss 8000D) (*)
- Fujifilm X-A2
- Fujifilm XQ2
- Hasselblad Stellar II
- Nikon D5500
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 II
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 (DMC-TZ70, DMC-TZ71)
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.8
- Canon EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 USM
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- TAMRON SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
- DJI Inspire 1 FC350
- Voigtlander LTM 28mm f/1.9 Ultron Aspherical
- Voigtlander LTM 28mm f/3.5 Color Skopar
- Voigtlander LTM 35mm f/1.7 Ultron Aspherical
- Voigtlander LTM 50mm f/2 Heliar
- Voigtlander LTM 50mm f/2.5 Color Skopar
- Voigtlander LTM 50mm f/3.5 Heliar
- Voigtlander LTM 75mm f/2.5 Color Heliar
- Voigtlander LTM 90mm f/3.5 APO Lanthar
- Voigtlander VM 40mm f/2.8 Heliar
- Voigtlander MFT 17.5mm f/0.95 Nokton Aspherical
- Voigtlander MFT 25mm f/0.95 Nokton
- Voigtlander MFT 42.5mm f/0.95 Nokton
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
- Nikon NIKKOR 50mm f/1.2 AIS
- TAMRON SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD A012N
- Voigtlander SL II 20mm f/3.5 Color-Skopar Aspherical
- Voigtlander SL II 28mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar Aspherical
- Voigtlander SL II 58mm f/1.4 Nokton
- SIGMA 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM
- dp1 Quattro
- dp2 Quattro
- SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
- TAMRON 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DiII PZD MACRO AB016S
- TAMRON 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di PZD A010S
- TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di USD A009S
- TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di USD A011S
- TAMRON SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 USD F004S
- Sony FE 16mm F3.5 Fisheye
- Sony FE 21mm F2.8
- Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony FE 28mm F2
- Sony FE 35mm F1.4 ZA
- Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
- ZY Optics Mitakon Speedmaster 50mm f0.95 Pro
- Yuneec CGO2gb
- Fixed issue with magenta highlights when processing Canon EOS 70D raw files at some ISO settings
- Fixed issue where vignette correction introduced banding for Voigtlander VM 21mm f/1.8 Ultron
- Fixed vignette overcorrection at certain focus distances for Pentax FA645 MACRO 120mm F4
- Fixed issue where vignette correction introduced banding at wider focal lengths for Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
- Fixed EXIF name for Zeiss OTUS 85mm f/1.4 (Canon and Nikon mount)
- Fixed vignette overcorrection for Zeiss Distagon T 1,4_35 ZM
- Updated lens profile to reflect firmware changes to SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014
If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:
Lightroom Customers –
If you’re using one of the newly supported cameras listed above, please download the DNG Converter. We’re working to add support to these cameras and they will be added in the next Lightroom release.
With the arrival of some much-needed sunshine and final production firmware for the Panasonic S1, we've been able to get outside and really start putting the camera through its paces.
Importing, culling and tagging photos is about to get a whole lot faster and look a whole lot better with the impending arrival of Photo Mechanic 6.
On its own, the FTZ adapter retails for $250 and when bundled it dropped the cost to just $150. Now, Nikon is offering it for free with all Z6, Z7 purchases in the United States.
Profoto said it spoke with Godox back at Photokina 2018 and continues to contact Godox in an effort to stop it from marketing its V1 light.
Product renders in Italian publication Notebook Italia show an unusual design that conceals all cameras with the help of a slider mechanism.
Canon says its new EF 400mm F2.8L IS III and EF 600mm F4L IS III lenses can suffer from an intermittent flickering when shooting video in M or Av modes with certain cameras.
Leica recently announced the Q2, a digital rangefinder with a fixed 28mm F1.7 lens. It's a heck of a lot of fun to shoot with, but is it right for you? Based on our time with the camera, and its specifications, we've examined how well-suited it is for common photography use-cases.
Now that our Panasonic Lumix S1R has final firmware, we couldn't wait to get out shooting with it - and we also tried the high-res mode, which combines files to get 187 megapixel images. Because sometimes, 47 megapixels just isn't enough.
DroneShield has announced a partnership with NASCAR to use its trifecta of drone-disabling technology at events held at Texas Motor Speedway.
In this article, travel and landscape photographer Mitch Green encourages us to spend more time in the the field.
the lens lacks any electronics whatsoever and is constructed entirely of glass and metal. Of course, that comes at the expense of weight — this thing weighs in at 1.1kg / 2.43lbs.
Drones can be useful tools in urban areas, where they're utilized for everything from news reporting to building inspections, but flying in these areas requires careful preparation. Here's what you need to know to do so safely.
Hasselblad has released a new cable release and USB double battery charger for its X1D medium format camera .
After a report published by NBC News, Flickr has taken heat for allegedly letting IBM 'scrape' photos for use in its facial recognition datasets. But the problem isn't what it seems on the surface.
Samyang has announced the impending arrival of the AF 85mm F1.4 FE lens for full-frame Sony cameras.
Some Photoshop shortcuts are simple and obvious. Others, not so much. Here are 15 shortcuts that are actually useful.
Twitter has redesigned its in-app camera for easier access from the timeline screen.
Independent cinema lens manufacturer SLR Magic has announced it will offer all of its existing MicroPrime range in the Fujifilm X mount and has even created a Fuji-specific 12mm lens.
We've updated our buying guides with three more cameras: the Canon EOS RP, Nikon Z6 and Olympus E-M1X.
CFexpress 2.0 cards will come in three different form factors, each of which will offer different maximum speeds.
Lensbaby has added a third tilt lens to its Optic Swap system, this time a 35mm lens, adding to the existing 50mm and 80mm options.
Sigma has released firmware updates for a number of its lenses as well as its EF-E adapter to address various errors and features with Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras.
We've added the Fujifilm X-T30 and Sony a6400 to our 'Best Cameras under $1000' buying guide. These two mirrorless models pack in a lot of features for just $900 body only.
Instagram, Facebook and other Facebook-owned services are down for users around the world.
Think Tank Photo has unveiled its new Vision series of shoulder bags, including the Vision 10, Vision 13 and Vision 15.
The OPPO Reno series will be launched on April 10 but some details have already been spotted on the web.
Insta360 has unveiled its latest camera, as well as a new VR headset app and a specialized smartphone cover that makes it possible to view 3D video on standard smartphones.
A fresh crop of ready-for-anything compacts has been added to our buying guide – just in time for Spring Break.
At the Hydrogen One launch RED promised a range of bolt-on modules designed to expand the device's feature set. However, there is now doubt if those modules will ever be released.
Due to growing concerns about drones around regulated airspace, no-fly zones in the United Kingdom will be more than four times larger than before starting March 13.