Lexar has issued a customer advisory regarding its Professional 80x speed CompactFlash cards (512MB - 4GB) following the news that there was a problem, described as 'lost image condition', when used with certain Canon digital SLRs. Lexar is now proposing to replace the affected cards. Owners must fill out a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) form and once they have received an RMA number, they will be sent a replacement Lexar card with the firmware installed. It is not possible to install the firmware. Affected cameras include the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II, 1D Mark II, 20D and Digital Rebel XT/350D/Kiss Digital N.
LEXAR CUSTOMER ADVISORY
To: Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS 20D, and EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital / EOS Kiss Digital N camera customers using Lexar memory cards.
Update: On June 3, Lexar will release a firmware update for its Professional 80x CompactFlash customers who experience a problem with the Canon cameras listed.
Action: To request the firmware update, click on the Return Materials Authorization (RMA) link below. Upon completing the RMA form, a RMA number will be issued. Alternatively, please call the Professional Support line at (510) 413-1233 to be issued a RMA number. (NOTE: Replacement cards cannot be processed without a RMA number). Follow the instructions to send the completed RMA form along with the Lexar product to the nearest Lexar office where the card will be exchanged for a card with the updated firmware. It is not possible to install the updated firmware.
The firmware update applies to the following memory cards:
* Lexar Professional 80x-speed CompactFlash 512MB (last 4 digits of card edge stamp is A4B6 or 9171)
* Lexar Professional 80x-speed CompactFlash 1GB (last 4 digits of card edge stamp is A4B6 or 9171)
* Lexar Professional 80x-speed CompactFlash 2GB (last 4 digits of card edge stamp is A4B6 or 9171)
* Lexar Professional 80x-speed CompactFlash 4GB (last 4 digits of card edge stamp is A4B6 or 9171)
For the latest information on Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS 20D, and EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital / EOS Kiss Digital N cameras, please see click here.
To update firmware on your card please click here to visit our RMA page.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!