Sigma USA announces price and availability of DP2 Merrill
Sigma USA has announced the price and availability of its DP2 Merrill large sensor, fixed lens 14.6x3MP camera. The DP2 M will be available from July 12th at an estimated street price of $999 (this being the price you're likely to pay, rather than the sometimes fanciful MSRP figures). The DP2 M is major step forward for the DP2 concept, featuring a larger, APS-C sized Foveon sensor, high resolution, 921k dot LCD and a newly-developed telecentric 30mm F2.8 lens, giving a 45mm equivalent field of view.
Sigma Corporation announces pricing and availability of Sigma DP2 Merrill
New generation compact camera to hit US shelves in July for street price of $999
Ronkonkoma, NY, June 29, 2012 – Sigma Corporation of America (www.sigmaphoto.com), a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider for some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, has announced that the Sigma DP2 Merrill compact digital camera will be available in the United States on July 12 for the street price of $999.
This upgraded, high-resolution, compact digital camera with a fixed lens is named in honor of Richard “Dick” Merrill, the co-creator of the Foveon X3 Direct Image Sensor technology that powers Sigma’s unique lineup of cameras. It differs from its predecessor, the DP2x, because its resolution has grown by moving from Foveon’s 14.6-megapixel APS-C size image sensor to the 46-megapixel APS-C image sensor found in the company’s flagship SLR, the Sigma SD1 Merrill. The full-color Foveon X3 direct image sensor ensures outstanding resolution, richly gradated tones and images with a three-dimensional feel. A focus ring and custom Quick Set (QS) mode also improve the user interface.
“We are very proud of the engineering and design involved in the upgrade of the DP2 Merrill, and we are especially pleased to honor Dick Merrill with its name,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “The addition of the 46-megapixel sensor and the continued use of Foveon’s unique three-layer design results in images that can’t be reproduced by other cameras on today’s market.”
The Sigma DP2 Merrill boasts an exclusively designed, high-performance, telecentric 30mm F2.8 lens, which is the equivalent to a 45mm lens on a 35mm SLR camera. The camera is compact and lightweight, and has Super Multi Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting.
Other features of the Sigma DP2 Merrill camera include:
- A dual, three-layer responsive ultimate (TRUE II) engine that now incorporates two TRUE II processors to improve the processing speed and overall quality of the final image
- RAW and JPEG format recording to retain the full image detail of the utmost quality captured through the direct image sensor, as well as a JPEG recording format for convenience
- Sigma Photo Pro processing software to convert RAW data quickly and easily
- Manual focus for use when autofocus or focus-lock is not desired
- Easy-to-use auto focus with a “nine-point select mode” which can select the desired focusing point from nine different frames, and a “free move mode” that allows shooters to select their desired focusing point
- An advanced user interface complete with a custom QS menu and the metallic command dial to improve usability
- Continuous shooting capabilities to capture up to seven RAW images per sequence
- A large, highly visible, three-inch TFT color LCD monitor for great visibility
- A hot shoe for the use of the dedicated external flashgun EF-140 DG (optional)
- Movie mode for movie recording with VGA (640×480) size, with 30 shooting frames per second
For information about Sigma Corporation of America or information about the companies cameras and lenses, visit www.sigmaphoto.com.
Jun 18, 2015
Jun 18, 2015
Jun 25, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
|Chicago Alley by tko|
from Down the alleyway
|Callan-5680 by vbuhay|
from What Child's Dream May Come
|Widget by Wilfried HKG|
|Oxbow Bend by stickpointed|
from Landscape - Colour #2