Nikon posts D2H firmware v2.01 and WT-1 firmware v1.10
Nikon has today posted firmware version 2.01 for its D2H SLR which fixes a number of problems. The problem of the D2H freezing with uninterrupted navigation between a number of photographs while playback zoom was activated has been corrected. Other bugs that have been rectified include saving the WT-1 settings when it was connected to the camera, plus incorrect character displays in Spanish, Chinese and German menus. There is also an new update for the WT-1 wireless transmitter which adds support for the D2X and D2Hs. See release notes for a full list of changes.
Nikon D2H firmware update version 2.01
What has been changed in version 2.01 of the firmware?
- The D2H sometimes froze with uninterrupted navigation between a number of photographs while playback zoom was activated. This problem has been corrected.
- When Image review in the playback menu was set to On and a photograph taken just after the camera stopped metering exposure (Auto meter-off activated) was displayed in the camera monitor, there was a significant delay before the shutter was released when the shutter-release button was pressed while this photo was displayed. This problem has been corrected.
- When AF-area mode was set to Group dynamic-AF and a6 Focus area illum* in the CSM menu was set to When selected>1 s, the focus area was illuminated for 1 second with a half-press of the shutter-release button. This problem has been corrected. * Focus area illum is Custom Setting a5 with D2H firmware version 1.0.
- A problem that prevented saving of WT-1 settings when the WT-1 was connec ted to the D2H has been corrected. This problem occurred with the following operations:
-The Wireless LAN Transceiver option was set to Off after connection to an FTP server. WT-1 settings were then adjusted and the D2H was turned off.
-The Wireless LAN Transceiver option was set to Off after connection to an FTP server. WT-1 settings were then adjusted, Transceiver set to On and then set to Off while connecting to a server, and the D2H was turned off.
- Incorrect character displays in Spanish, Chinese, and German menus have been corrected.
- The following problem that occurred when the camera was controlled from Camera menu>Custom Settings... in Nikon Capture 4 has been corrected. (Macintosh only)
- When the Aperture setting option in f5 Command dials was switched from Aperture ring to Sub-command dial, Nikon Capture 4 Camera Control sometimes quit unexpectedly or displayed an inconsistent aperture value.
WT-1 firmware update version 1.10
What has been changed in version 1.10 of the firmware?
- Support for the Nikon D2X and D2Hs has been added. With upgrade of WT-1 firmware to version 1.1, the WT-1 can be used with the Nikon D2X and D2Hs cameras.
|Intrepid View-072500 by vbuhay|
|Jazz Hands_ by Imagemi|
from Musical instruments
|Fire Urchin by sgitlin|
from Ricoh Challenge
Montana judge Dana L. Christensen has ruled the Republican National Committee did not infringe upon the copyright of photographer Erika Peterman after they took a photo from a Democratic candidate's Facebook page without permission and altered it to use in a derogatory promotional mailer.
Nikon has launched updates for three of its programs to address various bugs and glitches that could cause crashes and unwanted results.
LEE Filters has launched the LEE100, its next-generation filter holder that improves the design and looks in all the right places.
With the arrival of some much-needed sunshine and final production firmware for the Panasonic S1, we've been able to get outside and really start putting the camera through its paces.
Importing, culling and tagging photos is about to get a whole lot faster and look a whole lot better with the impending arrival of Photo Mechanic 6.
On its own, the FTZ adapter retails for $250 and when bundled it dropped the cost to just $150. Now, Nikon is offering it for free with all Z6, Z7 purchases in the United States.
Profoto said it spoke with Godox back at Photokina 2018 and continues to contact Godox in an effort to stop it from marketing its V1 light.
Product renders in Italian publication Notebook Italia show an unusual design that conceals all cameras with the help of a slider mechanism.
Canon says its new EF 400mm F2.8L IS III and EF 600mm F4L IS III lenses can suffer from an intermittent flickering when shooting video in M or Av modes with certain cameras.
Leica recently announced the Q2, a digital rangefinder with a fixed 28mm F1.7 lens. It's a heck of a lot of fun to shoot with, but is it right for you? Based on our time with the camera, and its specifications, we've examined how well-suited it is for common photography use-cases.
Now that our Panasonic Lumix S1R has final firmware, we couldn't wait to get out shooting with it - and we also tried the high-res mode, which combines files to get 187 megapixel images. Because sometimes, 47 megapixels just isn't enough.
In this article, travel and landscape photographer Mitch Green encourages us to spend more time in the the field.
the lens lacks any electronics whatsoever and is constructed entirely of glass and metal. Of course, that comes at the expense of weight — this thing weighs in at 1.1kg / 2.43lbs.
Drones can be useful tools in urban areas, where they're utilized for everything from news reporting to building inspections, but flying in these areas requires careful preparation. Here's what you need to know to do so safely.
Hasselblad has released a new cable release and USB double battery charger for its X1D medium format camera .
After a report published by NBC News, Flickr has taken heat for allegedly letting IBM 'scrape' photos for use in its facial recognition datasets. But the problem isn't what it seems on the surface.
Samyang has announced the impending arrival of the AF 85mm F1.4 FE lens for full-frame Sony cameras.
Some Photoshop shortcuts are simple and obvious. Others, not so much. Here are 15 shortcuts that are actually useful.
Twitter has redesigned its in-app camera for easier access from the timeline screen.
Independent cinema lens manufacturer SLR Magic has announced it will offer all of its existing MicroPrime range in the Fujifilm X mount and has even created a Fuji-specific 12mm lens.
We've updated our buying guides with three more cameras: the Canon EOS RP, Nikon Z6 and Olympus E-M1X.
CFexpress 2.0 cards will come in three different form factors, each of which will offer different maximum speeds.
Lensbaby has added a third tilt lens to its Optic Swap system, this time a 35mm lens, adding to the existing 50mm and 80mm options.
Sigma has released firmware updates for a number of its lenses as well as its EF-E adapter to address various errors and features with Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras.
We've added the Fujifilm X-T30 and Sony a6400 to our 'Best Cameras under $1000' buying guide. These two mirrorless models pack in a lot of features for just $900 body only.
Instagram, Facebook and other Facebook-owned services are down for users around the world.
Think Tank Photo has unveiled its new Vision series of shoulder bags, including the Vision 10, Vision 13 and Vision 15.
The OPPO Reno series will be launched on April 10 but some details have already been spotted on the web.
Insta360 has unveiled its latest camera, as well as a new VR headset app and a specialized smartphone cover that makes it possible to view 3D video on standard smartphones.
A fresh crop of ready-for-anything compacts has been added to our buying guide – just in time for Spring Break.