Photokina 2006: Sigma has announced the interesting 18-50 mm F2.8 EX DC Macro lens. Like all other DC lenses this is designed specifically for digital SLR's with APS sized sensors. It offers a maximum aperture of F2.8 throughout the zoom range and a minimum focus distance of 20 cm (7.9 in). In addition the lens features aspherical and low dispersion elements. This should be an interesting alternative to the often poor kit lenses bundled with sub-$1000 digital SLRs. On a digital SLR with a 1.5x FOV multiplier this lens provides an equivalent field of view of 27-75 mm on a 35 mm camera.
Sigma 18-50 mm F2.8 EX DC Macro lens
- Minimum focusing distance of 20cm with a maximum magnification of 1:3.
- Aspherical lenses offer compact and lightweight construction.
- SLD and ELD glasses offer excellent correction of color aberrations.
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC MACRO lens.
This lens has a large aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 20cm (7.9") and a maximum magnification of 1:3, making it ideal for close-up photography.
Specially designed to suit the characteristics of digital SLR cameras this lens provides a high level of optical performance.Its design incorporates both glass-mold and hybrid aspherical lens technology which offers superior peripheral brightness, extremely high image quality as well as a compact and lightweight construction.
Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) glass elements provide excellent correction of color aberrations. The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting, a common problem with digital cameras. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. An inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the petal-type lens hood (supplied) plus circular polarizing filters.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%