Pentax launches delayed 25mm F4 wide angle lens for 645D
Pentax has launched the D FA 645 25mm F4 AL [IF] SDM AW wide angle lens it first announced in February 2011. The lens offers a 19.5mm equivalent field-of-view when mounted on the 645D medium format DSLR and features the company's 'all weather' designation to reflect its level of environmental sealing. The lens will be available from March 2012 at an MSRP of $4999.95/£3999.99
smc PENTAX-DA645 25mm F4AL [IF] SDM AW
A high-performance, unifocal lens, exclusively designed for the PENTAX 645D to produce breathtaking ultra-wide-angle images
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX-DA645 25mm F4AL [IF] SDM AW.
Designed for exclusive use with the PENTAX 645D, this unifocal, ultra-wide-angle lens features PENTAX-original optics optimised for high-quality digital photography to ensure exceptional high resolution images. The sturdy construction of the lens, which is dustproof and weather-resistant, makes it ideal for outdoors photography.
The smc DA645 25mm f/4 AW will be available from mid-April 2012, at the RRP of £3999.99
1. Unifocal, ultra-wide-angle lens
When mounted on the PENTAX 645D medium-format digital SLR camera body, this ultra-wide-angle lens offers a focal length of approximately 19.5mm in the 35mm format, providing the widest perspective of all the lenses compatible with the PENTAX 645D. Creating visual effects unique to ultra-wide-angle lenses, such as exaggerated perspective and extra-wide depth of field, it can be effectively used for a wide range of subjects and situations, including spectacular landscapes and indoor shooting within a confined space. This lens gives the PENTAX 645D greater photographic freedom and flexibility.
2. State-of-the-art optics
Incorporating two high-performance a-spherical optical elements within its optics, this ultra-wide-angle lens provides exceptional image-resolving power with outstanding brightness levels even at the edges, whilst keeping any aberrations to a minimum. All lens characteristics are optimised for digital photography, for instance - exclusive lens coatings are applied to optical elements, while anti-reflection materials are applied to the interior of the lens barrel. The result is a lens that brings out the full potential of the PENTAX 645D medium-format digital SLR camera.
3. Aero Bright Coating to dramatically improve transmittance
This lens is treated with a PENTAX-original Aero Bright Coating, which ensures outstanding anti-reflection performance over a broader wavelength range to deliver images that are brighter and of higher quality. Created using PENTAX’s advanced nanotechnology, this exclusive coating reduces lens reflections and greatly improves light transmittance by forming a silica aerogel layer with uniform pores on the surface of the optical elements.
4. Dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction
As the newest model of the dependable AW (All Weather) series, the lens comes in a highly dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 11 special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of dust and water into the lens interior. By coupling this lens with the PENTAX 645D camera body, the user is assured of a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding outdoor settings — even in rain and mist, or locations prone to water splashes or spray.
5. Mountable circular polarising filter
The lens features a built-in, pull-out-type filter holder in its barrel. By placing the C-PL (circular polarising) filter (40.5mm in diameter; included as an exclusive accessory) on this holder, the user can easily rotate the filter to obtain the desired polarising effect.
6. Smooth, quiet SDM autofocus operation
The advanced SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) autofocus mechanism has a supersonic motor installed inside the lens barrel which ensures a smooth, quiet autofocus operation.
7. Other features
• High-quality machined aluminium parts, including the lens barrel, hood and cap
• The built-in lens hood is optimally shaped for the angle of view when the lens is mounted on the PENTAX 645D camera body
• Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation, after the subject is captured in focus by the AF system
• Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful “bokeh” (out-of-focus rendition), while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources
• SP (Special Protect) coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel dust, water and grease
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|winterblues by richmot|
from Best Landscape 2016
|Cold morning by Kaappo|
from A Winter Wonderland
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors