Adobe Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 now available
Adobe has made final release versions of Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 available. This update adds support for the Nikon D810, Panasonic Lumix AG-GH4 (GH4 with interface unit) and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000, as well as several bug fixes. Color profiles are added for the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III, A7S and Alpha SLT-A77 II. Also included are a number of new lens profiles. See below for a full list of lenses and cameras supported by ACR and DNG Converter 8.6.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.6
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.6
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
- Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6 (Phase One A/S)
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013 (Pentax and Sony Alpha)
- Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- Sony 28mm f/2.8
- Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro
- Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6
- Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G
- Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II
- Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF
- Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II
- Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E (Canon and Nikon)
- Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM (Canon)
- Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
Please note - the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is not automatically located when applying lens profile corrections. This is a bug and we will fix it in a future release. The workaround is to:
- Manually select the profile and choose "Save New Lens Profile Defaults" in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.
Camera Raw 8.6 adds camera matching color profiles for the following camera models:
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
Camera Raw 8.6 introduces the following new features for Photoshop CC customers:
- Improved performance when batch processing images via the Save button (in Camera Raw) and when converting images to DNG (in DNG Converter). The performance improvements are available only on 64 bit systems.
- Fixed crash on launch in some cases on Hi DPI (Retina) systems.
- Fixed crash when opening some Sigma SD9 raw files.
- Fixed issue with JPEG images saved by Camera Raw not readable in some external applications.
- Fixed automatic lens profile selection for Leica M (Typ 240) when using most recent firmware version.
- Fixed issue with some Hasselblad H5D-50c and H5D-60 3FR raw images appearing slightly too dark. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog, and (2) review previously captured images for unexpected brightness changes.
- Fixed bug with converting Nikon D810 and Nikon D4S sRaw files to DNG.
- Tweaked and updated the Adobe Standard color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers that used Camera Raw 8.6 RC with the Nikon D810.
Please note - If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:
|Body Only, Base|
|w/ 18-140mm, Base|
|w/ 24-120mm, Base|
|w/ 24-70mm, Base|
|w/ 55-200mm, Base|
|Nikon D810 FX-Format DSLR Camera Body + Nikon MB-D12 Battery|
|Nikon D810 FX-Format DSLR Camera w/ 24-120mm Lens + Nikon...|
|Rocks at Dawn by phucthang|
from The Rock
|Sarlat, France by poppyjk|
from Your City - Dinertime!
|Double Eagle by herbymel|
|Great White Egret vs Lizard by jose garcia|
from Strong - Weak
These macro photos of clouds of paint billowing through clear water might look like high-quality CGI, but they're real photographs. And photographer Alberto Seveso told us how they were made.
Facebook is testing a feature that prevents people from saving, sharing, or even taking a screenshot of your profile picture.
We've reshot the Sony a9 in our studio. The short story: it's sharper! The long story... well you can read it all here.
The collection will be officially launched during the Europeana Transcribathon Campus Berlin 2017 crowdsourcing event which will be held on 22 and 23 June at the Berlin State Library.
Light gives us some insight into the preparations for the launch of the pre-order shipments of its much anticipated L16 multi-lens camera.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei has confirmed in a tweet that the second lens on the back of the OnePlus 5 uses a 1.6x optical zoom and that digital zoom is used to reach the claimed 2x zoom factor.
Fujifilm recently unveiled the second in its series of affordable cine lenses, the MK50-135mm T2.9. We got our hands on it for a couple days and took it for a spin.
Leica's first attempt at an M-series digital rangefinder was rough around the edges, but set a pattern for all of the cameras that came after it. In this week's Throwback Thursday article, Barney remembers the M8.
No stranger to extreme situations, legendary climber and filmmaker Jimmy Chin talks to Outside Magazine about his career, and the challenge of filming Alex Honnold's rope-free solo climb of El Capitain.
A company backed by Android co-founder Andy Rubin is attempting to make video conferencing less terrible.
Rangefinder magazine asked five professional portrait and wedding photographers about posting on Instagram; no surprise, they got five different answers.
This captivating stop motion film was created by stripping away one layer of wood at a time. It's hard to look away.
It will enable users to simulate the presence of the sun, moon and Milky Way and see how they interact with an area's topography.
Since its introduction in November last year Instagram's live streaming feature has been used by millions, but videos could not be archived for watching at a later stage. A new update has now added the capability.
CopyTrack's study also found that the second most-stolen image is a woman wearing painted jeans. That's apparently a thing.
Forget expensive lenses with fancy coatings and special lens elements – photographer Robin de Puy took these portraits using just a water drop for a lens.
Adobe reports a record quarterly revenue of $1.77 billion for the second quarter fiscal year 2017 ended June 2, 2017.
Zeiss says its new lens is particularly suited for portrait photography but also a good all-rounder and can be used in video applications.
We present to you the top photos from the Kennel Club's 2017 Dog Photographer of the Year photo contest – take a look at 10 of the award-winning puppers.
In case you were looking for any more inspiration to go fly one.
Following a couple of successful Kickstarter campaigns, Videre 35mm's creator has re-tooled the camera with sturdier components and a simpler user assembly process.
The two hour long video covers everything an aspiring drone pilot needs to know.
This is what happens when a Canon 17-85mm F4-5.6 lens meets 60,000 PSI of water pressure. Spoiler Alert: the water jet always wins.
Andrew Harnik discusses the challenges – and rewarding moments – of a career making images for the Associated Press in his native DC.
The VMic Pro, VMic Recorder and VMic microphones are targeted at DSLR users who want to record high-quality audio.
While our full OnePlus 5 review is underway, we've put together a sample gallery with images that were taken with both the wide-angle and tele lens in a variety of lighting situations.
The OnePlus 5 main camera comes with a 1/2.8" 16MP Sony IMX 398 sensor and a fast F1.7 aperture. It is supported by a 2x tele-module featuring a 20MP 1/2.8" Sony IMX 350 sensor and F2.6 aperture.
In this video, Vincent Laforet explains why the RED 8K Weapon camera has mostly replaced his still cameras, and it's not all about resolution.
Dupe, Dupe Negative is not a pop song, and Newton's Rings are not NASA's next destination. If you've ever wondered what all that film terminology means, Kodak has you covered.
Fujifilm's X-A3 is the company's only offering to use a new 24MP sensor without their trademark X-Trans color filter array. We've had it out and about with a variety of lenses to see how it compares.